This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Top 10 Reasons...

...Why I have the BEST Daddy in the world:

10. The night I was born, my Daddy stayed by my side ALL night long. My Mommy said that she woke up at 3:00am to pump and Daddy wasn't there.......so she called down to the NICU and sure enough, he was with me.

9. My Daddy never gave up on me even when the doctors said my chances of survival were slim.

8. My Daddy continuously told the doctors to do everything they needed to, to keep me alive........even though they told him I would have LOTS of disabilities. He told Mommy that he would always love me and be proud of me no matter what!

7. My Daddy spent 110 days and nights with me at the NICU.........even when he had to go back to work he would visit me in the morning, at lunch, and then come back with Mommy after shift change and stay until 11:00pm.

6. My Daddy took very good care of my Mommy when I was sick because she was so sad (and cried) all the time. Daddy reassured her every night that I would be home soon.

5. My Daddy works very hard so that my Mommy and I can have a great life and so that Mommy is able to stay home with me.

4. My Daddy will take the monitor at night even though he has to work the next morning...........because he knows Mommy is very tired and he wants her to get some rest.

3. My Daddy takes me to baseball games and gets me lots of autographed balls, bats, and jerseys.

2. My Daddy plays with me, reads to me, changes my dirty diapers, and helps me with my therapy.

AND, the #1 reason why I have the BEST Daddy in the world is because............he loves me unconditionally and is PROUD of me and PROUD to be my Daddy.......especially today when I met a HUGE milestone!!!!

Yep.........he pulled to stand all by himself today!!!!

So, this is how it happened..........Jamie and I were walking my Dad and Grandma out (we left John in the family room playing) to say good bye. We were outside maybe 1 minute and when we came back in I went to put some dishes in the sink. I looked over the couch and saw John's head...........I thought he was on his knees but for some reason he looked taller:) Anyhow, Jamie went around the couch to get him and low and behold.............HE WAS STANDING!!!!! And, he continued to do it ALL afternoon.


I still can't believe it. We are so proud and excited for him. He has more determination than anyone I know. Grams, you better wear your sneakers when you babysit from now on:)


Never give up, never stop trying, never say never!





Stephanie.........thanks for our onesie! Daddy loved it!

19 comments:

Beth said...

What a major accomplishment! It brought tears to my eyes this morning! Go John!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!
We are so excited for you guys and for little John's accomplishments.
Sister, you do a great job with this website. I love reading the blog, and it keeps me up to speed on all you guys. Miss you. Kisses to John. xoxo Alli

Brittany said...

Happy Fathers Day Jaime!! What Beth said...brought tears to my eyes!! Yippy John! So proud of you! It is such a joy to read about you everyday! Love you xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

That's our "Mr. Special", showing the world that "CAN'T" is not part of his being. Go, John, go! Grams has her sneakers laced and will run with you anywhere and everywhere!

Oodles of love,
Grams and Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Jill and Jamie, What a Wonderful Fathers Day Gift. I couldn't believe it. Bette, too, was shocked to see him standing. She couldn't wait to get to work and show the girls in her office. The tears are happy tears for a change. Keep going, John. We love you.
Aunt Jean

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! Just wanted to let you know that there wasnt a dry eye in my office today! :) I am so happy for you. That little guy just keeps getting more awesome by the minute. What a great gift for Fathers Day. Thank you for sharing with all of us - Johns fan club is getting bigger everyday.
Aunt Jean couldnt of said it any better, "Go John!! "
Bette

Anonymous said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh John...Wow what great news, he has really started to take off and "show" what he is made of these last few months...

Twinmommy2boys said...

I've been reading for awhile, I don't know if I have commented before, however I am soooo glad for you guys and for John. Your right, never say never and never stop believing.

Sarah Furlough said...

WAY TO GO JOHN! I know your Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you! What a great Father's Day gift!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO.. Nothing will stop this little boy. Not surprised at all, he is a champ and a fighter!! Love you guys!!
Shernaz

Kim said...

John is so blessed to have such a wonderful, loving Daddy! Happy Father's Day, Jamie and Happy Standing, John! Keep showin' them what you've got, kiddo!

Anonymous said...

I have opened and read this blog no less than 5 times today! I just cannot get enough. I think John is lucky to have such great parents.....and of course we all know how lucky the world is to have John. He is the definition of inspiration. He can bring smiles and tears together. We sure loved having him here Saturday. We love you all!
xoxoxox
Grammy and Papa

Anonymous said...

YEAHHHHH! I'm so proud of all of you. You still continue to be my inspiration.

Love always
Nurse Chris

Anonymous said...

hello, i just happened to pass by your blog today while surfing the net and searching for preemie stories. John is an inspiring little one, and it heartens me to see him grow so well. He has plenty of TLC to help him too!

My baby is a 24 weeker himself but still in the hospital. Tdy is his 136th day and I hope he gets home soon. I will be dropping by your site from now on to get inspiration. Keep the updates coming! ;)

tbonegrl said...

He is precious! I am just looking for other preemie moms' blogs. I'm adding you to my links!

Jamie and Jill said...

Thank you to everyone for truly caring (and being so excited) about our little guy!

We love you!!!

abby said...

Way to go, John! You are an amazing, handsome, and strong little boy and we are so, so proud of you. And look at those legs! This is the best post ever---I was behind on the blog, and Sharon called me from upstairs all excited last night when she saw this and said, "Have you seen John's blog? John's pulling to stand!" We are all so thrilled for all of you. Happy Father's Day, Jamie---I think that John's present to you was the best.

Anonymous said...

Way to Go! What a great accomplishment! See you soon!

Jamie and Jill said...

Nancy,
It's so good to hear from you. Thanks for checking in on our little guy!