This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

No Tears!!!


We all woke up yesterday morning and decided to put big smiles on our faces (which we do every morning) and go into our neurological appointment with a positive attitude. I know our love for John will NEVER change and for that reason I was very much at ease going into this appointment.


Anyhow, the appointment went very well. Dr. T was extremely impressed with John's progress (as we all are) which leads me to believe that she most certainly had the wrong charts at our last appointment. She wants to see him back in 6 months (2 years old) and then annually. We can definitely handle that!


Thanks for all of the calls and e-mails checking in on us. I know I've said this before but I'll say it again.........it is so comforting to know that we are not alone in this journey! We definitely have the best friends and families around!!!

4 comments:

Sarah Furlough said...

I am so glad to hear that John's appointment went well! I know you must have been anxious, but what a relief that you will soon have to go just once a year!

Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

Yay!!! I'm glad to hear the apptmt went well. Not going back for 6 months is great news!

23wktwinsmommy said...

Yay John is surely a miracle and such a sweet boy. Glad you remain so positive, that clearly is reflected on john's smiling face!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear the appt went well! It was so good seeing you all. I miss John's smiling face :)

Love,

Shernaz