This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Friday, June 08, 2007

Barium Swallow

We packed up and headed down to PCH around 8:00am this morning for our second modified barium swallow............AND, it was a semi-success!

John wasn't too thrilled to be there (do you blame him?)..........I promised him he wasn't going to get any heel sticks but, I don't think he believed me.

I think he was having NICU flashbacks:(
We waited, and waited, and waited for our turn......we didn't even get called back until around 10:00am.

So, while we were waiting I took John over to watch these two little girls (or so I thought) play. They looked to be about 7 and 4 years old..........one had a cute ponytail in her hair and the other had french braids. Very loudly (Jamie says I can't whisper) I said, "John look at the two girls playing!" They then turned to me and said, "He (the one with french braids) is a boy!" Oops........I just assumed he was a girl. That sure was the first time I've seen a toddler (boy) with french braids:) Come to find out, his name was John too!!!! I guess I really need to learn to whisper. Anyhow, it was finally our turn!
Mom, PLEASE no pictures.........I don't want anyone to see me wearing a dress!!!


Let's get this show on the road......bring on the barium!


All done.....and the verdict is.......

NO ASPIRATION!!!!

He didn't swallow a whole lot but what he did swallow, he didn't aspirate.

1 comment:

abby said...

Yay, John! I am so glad to hear that he's not aspirating and I hope that his swallowing improves so that he and Hallie can share ice cream when they finally do meet.