Thursday, March 29, 2007
As of today we have raised $2825 for the Arizona team and $680 for the California team.......UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!
Here's a little video I found to get us all pumped up for the big day!!!
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
I'll update this evening but for now I'll leave you with a few VERY cute pictures of the man!
He does this ALL the time:) Yes, I have a Halloween bib on and no, I don't care that it is March!
UPDATE: We survived the button changing ordeal and surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought......even though I made Daddy hold his hands and I looked the other way. The funny thing is, John was so happy while we were waiting in the room. He was laughing and playing and destroying the paper that they lay on the table and then as soon as Dr. D walked in the room John took one look at him and started crying.........John's no fool, he knew exactly who he was! Anyhow, he only cried for a second (he cries more when he gets his synagis) when they pulled his Bard button out and he was back to his happy self in a matter of minutes. We are VERY relieved that this is over and we are extremely pleased with his new nutriport button.
Monday, March 26, 2007
Anyhow, here are a few of John's latest tricks:
- He finally has noticed the cats and he LOVES them. As soon as he sees them he bolts after them..........unfortunately they take off right when he's about to grab/bite/pat them!
- He is talking up a storm.
- He is on the verge of actually crawling..........on all 4's (not army crawling.) He can lift one arm and move it forward without collapsing. A little more strength and putting it all together and he's gonna be off!
- He LOVES to eat water from a spoon. He'll take anywhere from 5-15 spoonfuls per meal........and he swallows it. Today he actually ate 4 spoonfuls of cream of chicken soup!!!!
Trying out his new tooth brush! Any tips on how I am supposed to brush his teeth..........with his oral aversion?
This is part of our nightly routine..........he's got to stop and smell the roses:)
Every night after I get him out of the tub we have to stop at the flowers on the counter and grab them and kiss them for a few minutes!
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Friday night we went out to dinner with our very good friends......Kurt, Kim, and their son Connor.....OH, and their other son in Kim's tummy:) We sat on the patio and enjoyed a great meal and great company!
I LOVE facing forward!
Friday, March 23, 2007
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
We went to the pedi. today for John's 15 month check up. I know we are a couple weeks late but his pedi has been out on maternity leave and we wanted to wait until she got back. Anyhow, she couldn't get over how BIG John is! He weighed in today at 21 pounds 12 ounces and is 30 inches long. She is also VERY pleased with his progress. She told him that she loves these kinds of surprises...........meaning he is doing way better than expected. That's my boy! I also asked her about coming out of hibernation and her reply was...........WE ARE FREE! She did say that we have to be careful and bring hand sanitizer with us everywhere and to make sure no one touches him (of course you can once you've scrubbed your hands for 3 minutes)......OK, you don't have to wash them that long:) So, if you see us out and about remember.........look but don't touch:):):) Hopefully one day I won't be as neurotic!
Who turned out the lights?
*Note to John: Grams did this to you, not Mommy:)
Grace, I got my hat now I am already to go to the zoo!
It was exactly 1 year ago today that you were FINALLY discharged from the NICU at Phoenix Children's Hospital........after 110 VERY long and VERY stressful days! Your Daddy and I had been waiting for what seemed like a decade for this day to come. We were so excited to be at home as a family and to start our life together!
You amaze us everyday with your strength, determination, and drive! You are everything we have hoped and dreamed of and we couldn't be more proud of you. You are a true gift from God and we will be forever grateful for that! You have taught us so much............to love unconditionally, to live life to the fullest, and to accept others for who they are. You have opened our eyes to so many things and we are better people, better parents because of you.
We love you Bubba.....more than you'll ever know!
Mommy and Daddy
*click on the link below to watch the video
Home Sweet Home!
Saturday, March 17, 2007
Friday, March 16, 2007
Ok....I guess this isn't too bad!
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
- He learned how to blow raspberries about a month ago and now he does it ALL the time....too cute!
- He does a little wiggly thing when he's on all fours.....he'll just wiggly his entire body! I need to get it on video tape.
- He says Dadadadadada all the time and a few weeks ago he was saying it and then all of a sudden he yells, Dad!
- He also likes to say Mmmmmmm! So I say, how's Mommy's cooking and John says, mmmmm:)
- Just this past week he has been shaking his head (NO)....really fast. Of course he doesn't know what it means. However, I just figured out today where he learned it from.....Good ole Baby Einsteins. They will say shake and one of the little boys shakes his head back and forth. See, TV's not all that bad......especially when it's the only baby interaction he gets.
- He knows where your nose is.....if you say, where's Mommy's nose, he'll grab your nose! Grandma taught him that.
- He'll give you a kiss........I mean a lick:) If you put your cheek to his mouth and ask for a kiss he'll stick his tongue out.
We are extremely proud of how far he's come. He amazes us daily!
Expect some VERY cute pictures on Friday!!!!! John's getting his first hair cut!
Sunday, March 11, 2007
UPDATE: John took a 3 hour nap today! YAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOO!
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Yea.......I am going out to dinner.....AND, I am facing forward in my carseat for the 1st time! My 2 FAVORITE boys! John and Aunt Tracy checking out the menu!
He LOVES his book drawer......open, close, open, close, open, close!
And, butt creme......the best toy of all!
Saturday, March 03, 2007
The biggest news of the day was...........John drank water from a cup!!!!!!!! He swallowed it and all with no gaging. We're making progress!
Friday, March 02, 2007
Anyhow, things are great in the Birtch home. John still has a runny nose but his cold is just about over! Dad is working like crazy.......6 days a week.......can't criminals behave on the weekend????? Jamie doesn't mind too much though considering the overtime is helping pay for his new H1! And, I am still teaching a few days a week but am looking forward to Spring Break! We all are anxiously awaiting the end of RSV season and look forward to LOTS of play dates, eating out, and even grocery shopping! We have been very strict as far as taking John anywhere but it has definitely paid off and our lil man escaped the flu season with only one minor cold.
Below are a couple of funny pictures.........my mom was watching John on Thursday while I was at work. He was laying on his back playing with the toy in the picture. My mom went into the kitchen to answer the phone (it was me of course) and when she came back into the play room John was on all 4's with his toy on his back. Don't ask how he managed that! I tell you, the kid is talented:)