This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring Break!

Yeah..........it's spring break and I have the week off! I really can't complain considering I only teach a few days a week anyways. Anyhow, John has a busy week. Today was our only day off and that was because his follow up eye appointment was rescheduled at the last minute. That was fine with us because we went to Grandma and Grandpa's instead...........much more fun! The rest of the week is filled with PT, ST, his DDD annual review, and a trip to PCH to have his button changed:( I am dreading the button changing appointment.........I have canceled and rescheduled this appointment two times now! Anyhow, it supposedly is a quick procedure...........the surgeon will pull out the Bard button that he currently has and will replace it with a Mic-Key button. Please pray that the procedure is quick and does not cause John too much discomfort..........and pray for Mommy to be brave as well:) I HATE seeing my baby in pain and wish so badly that I could take his place.

Anyhow, here are a few of John's latest tricks:
  1. He finally has noticed the cats and he LOVES them. As soon as he sees them he bolts after them..........unfortunately they take off right when he's about to grab/bite/pat them!
  2. He is talking up a storm.
  3. He is on the verge of actually crawling..........on all 4's (not army crawling.) He can lift one arm and move it forward without collapsing. A little more strength and putting it all together and he's gonna be off!
  4. He LOVES to eat water from a spoon. He'll take anywhere from 5-15 spoonfuls per meal........and he swallows it. Today he actually ate 4 spoonfuls of cream of chicken soup!!!!
John's moving in for the attack!
John loves bath time. I can't wait to get him in the swimming pool..........I hope he likes it just as much!


Trying out his new tooth brush! Any tips on how I am supposed to brush his teeth..........with his oral aversion?


This is part of our nightly routine..........he's got to stop and smell the roses:)
Every night after I get him out of the tub we have to stop at the flowers on the counter and grab them and kiss them for a few minutes!


1 comment:

Kristin said...

Good luck with the appointment to change his Bard to a Mickey. Try to medicate him with Tylenol or ibuprofen prior and I am sure he will do just fine. It is a quick and over procedure (kind of like shots), if he has a "lovey" try to bring that with maybe as well.

I love the picture with the toothbrush! Our Kylin love's to brush her teeth, but only if she gets to do it. The minute I try to help her brush, she clenches her jaw as tight as she can.

Kristin
mom to Kylin and Preston 27 weekers