This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Button Day:(

OK............today's the BIG day. We'll be heading down to Phoenix Children's hospital in a few hours. Wish us luck!

I'll update this evening but for now I'll leave you with a few VERY cute pictures of the man!

Look Mommy..........no hands!
He does this ALL the time:)

Yes, I have a Halloween bib on and no, I don't care that it is March!

UPDATE: We survived the button changing ordeal and surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought......even though I made Daddy hold his hands and I looked the other way. The funny thing is, John was so happy while we were waiting in the room. He was laughing and playing and destroying the paper that they lay on the table and then as soon as Dr. D walked in the room John took one look at him and started crying.........John's no fool, he knew exactly who he was! Anyhow, he only cried for a second (he cries more when he gets his synagis) when they pulled his Bard button out and he was back to his happy self in a matter of minutes. We are VERY relieved that this is over and we are extremely pleased with his new nutriport button.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Checking in to see how his visit went and how you held up, I'm sure you did fine....I had to laugh about the bib,I still put holiday bibs on Kellar as well, believe it or not it's Joey who's like, is it Christmas already...haha...

Sarah said...

Pffft. Shoshanna wore a Halloween shirt today. Who care?!?!?!

Hope all went well today.

abby said...

we're glad to hear that the appointment went well. Hallie wore a Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, and Chanukah bib this week. Basically, anything that can absorb the prunes and peas and carrots that get stuck everywhere (I even found some in her eyebrows this week) are fine by me!

Shannon said...

Glad that the appointment went well for John. I had quite the appointment yesterday with Ashton.

Love the pics!

Anonymous said...

Such a little 'Superman'.

See you in a few weeks!

Katie