This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tidbits

This is going to be short and sweet...


*Sunday night John fell head first into the bathtub! He had just gotten out of the bath, had his clean PJ's on and I was putting toothpaste on his tooth brush. The tub was draining when I looked over to see John reaching for his toys.....all of a sudden his tiny legs flew up in the air and there he went, right into the tub. Fast forward 2 minutes.....he now has another clean (and dry) pair of PJ's on.....I begin to quickly brush his teeth (he hates it) and accidentally stick the toothbrush in too far and I gag him......yep, he vomits! Fast forward another 2 minutes.....and he now has his third pair of PJ's on and is finally ready to go to bed:)

*Every night before bed John and I read a story and then say our prayers. As soon as the story is over he sits up, puts his hands together and waits for me to say our prayers. After we say Amen he blows kisses to God and we say Good Night.....sooooooooooooo stinkin cute!!!!

*We had our transition to preschool meeting yesterday and it looks like our little man will be starting school in January......yikes! I am sure I will have made every excuse known to man not to start him then.....but, that's the plan as of now. I know he will really benefit from it but I am not so sure Mommy or Daddy will be able to handle it.


*Mommy is off to California in the morning for a fun filled weekend with her BFF's! I am sure Daddy and John will have just as much fun but I will miss them terribly.

post signature

3 comments:

The Herberts said...

What a night! John saying his prayers is absolutely adorable! We just had Carter's transition meeting last week and he is scheduled to start Oct. 6th. I am having a bit of a hard time letting go. I have so much anxiety about it! Austin will be in preschool as well so I will be home all alone, just like you. I am a bit nervous that I may lose my mind...time will tell. Have a fun weekend with the girls!! I hope to see you soon!

I teach . . . said...

I am so jealous about the girl's weekend. Have fun for me too!

Preschool will be awesome. It is such an adjustment, but I am sure he will love it.

Amanda

twin power mommy ♥ said...

It's hard to realize that your baby is growing up. (sniff, sniff)

I can't bear to think about when it'll be time for Eli to start.

Enjoy your trip to CA. Get some good R&R while you're there.