This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Monday, August 25, 2008

I'm Back!

I am back from a fabulous girls weekend in California......and the boys managed without me just fine!!!!!

Not too much to report except....
  • John will hopefully (if they have room) start Hippotherapy at the end of October.....they don't have an indoor stable so we have to wait for it to cool down.
  • His next Botox injections are in December but the Dr. has the medicine on hand if we feel he needs it sooner.
  • He'll start his 3rd session of Music on September 17th.....we are super excited because Shannon & Emma and Corrie & Ciera are joining us this time.


I love this picture......this beanie angel (from Grams) has been by his side since day 1.



post signature

5 comments:

Kajsa Farnsworth said...

Hello! You don't know us but we are new to the Phoenix area and I stumbled across your blog one day when I was googling "scottsdale area pediatric therapy" for our son Brady. Your John is just too cute for words and his story is so very inspiring! I'm glad to read that he is doing so well! I think you will all love pre-school next year. Brady just started special needs preschool in PVSD and it has gone tremendously well so far. I don't know what district you are in but I can highly recommend Paradise Valley.

Would you mind sharing where you found hippotherapy? I was unsuccessful in finding this therapy for Brady due to his age at the time, then the hot summer months, and now I can't find my notes of the people I called!

Thanks for your great blog and for being such a tremendous example to us as parents!
Kajsa, Troy & Brady Farnsworth
http://www.farnsworthphoenix.blogspot.com/

JaBLes Mommy said...

Welcome back Jill! Can't wait to hear more about the girls weekend!

I was also wondering where John will be going to Preschool, and I agree with this other comment...PV has some great Special Needs Preschools (especially the one at my school)! The teachers at Sunset Canyon are amazing. So amazing, in fact, that I sent my own kids there! If you are interested in finding out more, just let me know! Give John love from us! :)

Nicole said...

Okay, I will have to put up a picture of Dane and his first stuffed animal, a little lamb donated by a very special preemie family! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Cutie Patootie,
It must be raining in Phoenix because you are growing like a weed. Hippo therapy and pre-school, big fun for such a special big boy! We miss you oodles and oodles and can't wait to play!!!!!

Lots of love,
Grams & Grandpa

twin power mommy ♥ said...

Love them pics!
How does daddy like the bracelet on his son?

I always tease my hubby whenever Eli wants to wear sister's PINK backpack. I have just about steered him clear of wanting the pink one, but he does love his backpacks!