This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Friday, November 02, 2007

Catch Up!

It's time to play catch up.......I haven't had time to blog this week because ALL of my time has been spent calling/being put on hold/transferred/hung up on/etc.....with Cigna!!!

Why you ask? Well, John was DENIED his synagis' for this RSV season (after we already received a letter stating that he was APPROVED.) Ohhhhh, I am fuming again just thinking about it. We are going to keep fighting though because after all..........we have a 24 weeker who weighed a pound and a half, was ventilated for what seemed like forever, is still one years old (and won't be 2 until March...per ALL of the Dr's who say they go by their adjusted age for the first 2 years), has ST 2x a week at a clinic filled with children.....do I need to keep going? Oh, and to make matters worse.....one lady I spoke with said, "I understand your concerns. Most micro-preemies that get RSV are hospitalized and a lot of them die!" Ummmmm, hello???? Did you really need to tell this to a mother who is already terrified because they will not give her son the vaccine?

But,besides all of that, we've had a great week!

Grams, John, and I went to the park to meet our good friends, Louise, Darby, and Stephanie.......and Stephanie's 2 boys, Wyatt and Parker.

John loved hanging out with his buddies.....Wyatt shared his cheese crisp...


...and, John shared his Cheetos.

We had a very busy Halloween!!! Our first stop was to the mall to hang out with our friends and grab some lunch. After lunch, we came home for a quick nap and then it was off to see Great Grandma and then back home to see Grammy! Busy but fun!



Someone really needs to design costumes for kids in AZ! The poor little guy was sweating to death!

post signature

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was right where you are a few weeks ago and after Kellar got rsv they approved him, I was beyond furious that it took him getting it before they realized he needed them another year, uhm helloooooo he was 14 wks early and this would be our 1st time out and about this season you'd think they'd give it to him to help transition him into being around the germs and stuff he wasn't exposed to last year b/c we were on HOUSE ARREST...Keep pushing for it!!!!!

Nicole said...

So sorry to hear about the shots! Dane is approved for them, but we just found out that the co pay is going to be $450.00 PER SHOT!!! Insurance companies suck. As a fellow Arizonian, yes I agree we need cool weather Halloween outfits!

Anonymous said...

I just started reading your blog. My son, Bodie is about a month younger than John. I think our due dates must have been close. Bodie was born at 28 weeks. His due date was April 2, his birthday is January 15th. Anyway, the reason I bring this up is that Bodie was approved for Synagis again this season. My ped, explained that as long as they (preemies) are under 2 when the season starts then they are approved. So it would not matter if you went by actual or adjusted. In Michigan the season starts in October. I don't know if that helps. I am not sure when the season starts in AZ.

Sorry for the long comment. I love your blog and John is so adorable.

Sheri said...

MAN! I get mad just reading your post...I hope that you can get what Jon needs....We have had to fight insurance companies for things, but never for something as serious as that..I really really dislike the insurance companies....the funny thing is we supposedly have really good insurance! HA! I'm sorry....I hope they can get their crap together and realize that its in their best interest too!

Shannon said...

Oh I am right with you on the RSV! Ashton is also "not eligable" and it has been driving me crazy thinking about him not getting it! I am not done with my fight either and think that these people are insane to not just give our children what they NEED. Ashton did get his flu shot today but my fight isn't over yet!!!

By the way that is the cutest skunk I have EVER seen!