This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Oh Boy!

Our lil man is all over the place and acting just like a "normal" 1 1/2 year old.........but, oh boy am I tired!!!!

Here we are......the calm before the storm!

About an hour into John's nap (who am I kidding...that is his nap) I heard him stirring. I checked on him via the monitor and he was just waking up. I thought I'd give him (and me) a few minutes to see if he'd fall back asleep (yeah right!) Anyhow, he got pretty quite so I tip-toed past his room and as I did I noticed the lights in his room were going.........on and off, on and off, on and off! I went into his room to find him like this......

The little stinker had grabbed the light/fan remote off of the night stand and was having a great time watching the lights turn off and on!

After his nap I put him in his play room to play (of course.) It took him a matter of minutes to figure out how to push the eject button on the TV. So, we then spent about 20 minutes ejecting (and scratching) DVD's......

.

.....and another 20 minutes pulling DVD's off of the stand!!!

He is into everything...........and I love it!!!!!

Anyhow, he now weighs 22 pounds 4 ounces.....yahhhhooooo! Just imagine how much he would weigh if he didn't vomit. On that note, we will be heading down to PCH Friday afternoon for a Gastric Emptying Study to try a find an answer (and solution) to his vomiting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to actually be cleaning up after these lil ones that we were once told would never do basically anything...i love it too...we are pricing garage sale clothes and kellar will go behind us and take everything out of the tubs, i'll put them back in and he undoes everything we've done but I LOVE IT too...

abby said...

I love baby-made debris fields. Even when I stub my toe and trip over blocks, dvds, assorted balls, laundry (which Hallie just pulled out of her hamper) and get mildly irritated by the fact that she now not only unloads her books from the bookshelf but also rips out pages here and there.

But John, man, he's too cute: turning on and off the lights seems pretty darned advanced to me...

Katie and Matt said...

Ha Ha - that is so funny about the lights!! What a little stinker.

Shannon said...

He is such a sweetheart!!! LOL I love that he is getting into things...makes me excited for you! :)

I can't wait to hear how your study went today. I have been hoping to get Ashton in for one of those studies and I am curious to see what you find out!!!

Sheri said...

You don't know me, but our children are about the same age and doing exactly the same thing!!!! I swear your pictures could be mine....I felt comfort in seeing them:)ahhhhhhhh My son doesn't vomit a lot, like yours but has food aversions and feeding difficulties since birth and I am hoping he is over 22 lbs at his 18mo visit in 10 days..... good job with teh weight and good luck with the study!