This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Typical Arizona Snowstorm...Heehee!

It really has been chilly here in AZ..........chilly to us that is! If you enlarge the picture you can see itty bitty snow flakes:) Today was John's first snow day!

It's snowing in Grandma & Grandpa's backyard (Cave Creek.)

On Friday, I packed John (and myself) up and we headed off to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a sleepover. Jamie was knee deep in house projects (imagine that) so we decided that we'd go stay at my parents. John and I slept in the guest room.....me in the bed and him in the pack-n-play. He slept great..........only because sometime during the night his feeding tube came out. When I woke up and checked on him, he was DRENCHED....and still sleeping! I have know idea how he slept through that. The poor little guy must have been freezing.


We love sleepovers at Grandma and Grandpa's.....Grandma made Mommy breakfast and Grandpa made a Starbucks run for her. I think I heard Mommy say we are going to have sleepovers more often:)

We had planed to take John to my friends twins (did you get that one) 1st birthday party. It was supposed to be at the railroad park so we'd be outside......away from germs. Anyhow, it was still raining so she had to relocated to her brother's house. We obviously didn't take John:( Jamie stayed home with him and I went to the party. After the party I went to Babies-R-Us and finally got John his big boy car seat. I can't wait to put him in it. We are probably going to put it rear facing......however, I really want him to face forward.

Update: We thought it was pretty neat that it snowed at my parents house in Cave Creek.....they live about 15 miles north of us. But, it just snowed at our house (Scottsdale) too!!! We are having some strange weather here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that it is snowing in AZ, and in VA, we haven't seen the first flake!

We bought the same car seat for Cooper, and we have ot rear-facing. I know it would probably be okay front-facing, but I figure better safethan sorry. We will turn it around when he is one year adjusted.

Sorry you didn't get to the party, but hopefully you had plenty of quality time with your cute little guy!

abby said...

Hey Jill!

I think you guys may have gotten as much snow as we did (well, almost). Here in Lancaster, PA, (where I work), there was a dusting of maybe a millionth of an inch. Not enough to cover the roads, but apparently enough to delay school by two hours!

But snowing in Scottsdale, AZ? That's really, really freaky!

John is cute as usual!