This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

First Sleep Over!

John did GREAT on his first sleep over and needless to say, we all had a wonderful New Year's Eve.......ours probably more exciting than my parents but it's all relative!

We packed John up.....one little boy, SO much stuff.... and took him to my parents house around 1:00pm.



Remember that backpack Santa brought John? Well, all it could hold was John's feeding supplies (new bags, extensions, syringes, spoons, bowls, medicine.) So we had to use Daddy's suitcase too!

Grams bought John a new toy to practice crawling on! It's the teacher in her.....always finding thing to help his development. Thanks mom!

As you can see, he LOVES it!

They brought in the New Year with a walk and some wild and crazy hats and horns. While we celebrated at the J.W. Marriott with GREAT friends!



All in all, some good times were had!

We are glad to see 2006 come to an end and have great hopes that 2007 will bring less tears and worries and more happy times!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleep-overs take on a whole new meaning when they include this special little man! The guest room is now officially "John's Room". New Year's Day may have found one of us a bit tired, but the smile was definitely ear to ear. He is the perfect gift!

Love,
Grams

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear you had a good New Years, all of you! John, your precious smile brightens my day, everyday!! Love you

liz.mccarthy said...

Oh Jill, I'm so happy you got a night out! i had to laugh at the feeding supply suitcase, the few times we've gone somewhere I end up taking cardboard boxes with so many medical supplies, it's ridiculous!!! How can such little people require so much stuff! Happy New Year to you. John is looking great! I just added a link to your blog from mine!

Anonymous said...

Have I mentioned how jealous I am! I would love to have seen John testing Grams during the night. He is so smart - he knows how to get everyone in that room. I cannot wait until I am healthy enough to come and spend time with him.
Mom, you make our days with this info blog. The pictures are the best I have ever seen.
Just cannot get enough.
Grammy
I MISS YOU, JOHN........