This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Random thoughts

What's new with the bubster:

  • He FINALLY said Dada this morning. Now it's mama, bob bob, and dada!
  • He's doing the bunny hop......he hops when he's trying to crawl.
  • He loves the (cold) tile floor. His new thing is to roll off of the area rug onto the tile and then proceed to lick the tile! Funny boy!
  • He has 4 teeth and it looks like 4 MORE are on the way....poor guy!
  • He weighs more than Arnold (our cat) and is close to weighing as much as Nellie (our other cat) AKA Wally the Walrus.
  • I put him to bed last night.....AWAKE and he only cried for 6 minutes and then fell asleep .......we'll see how tonight goes. I am trying to break the habit of rocking him to sleep every night.
  • We just started him on a new med. (this one doesn't have the neurological side effects as the last one we tried) to help empty his stomach quicker.........hopefully this will help reduce his vomiting.



I never knew I could love someone/something SO much until I had John. He is our life and we are so proud of him!


I thought this picture was so cute until.....


I took this one! Notice the puddle? I guess that's what happens when "it" hits cold air!

6:26Pm Update: Well, the whole putting him to bed awake didn't work out too well tonight. However, I did let me cry it out from 6:03-6:15 and to me, that's a long time. Anyhow, I kept checking on him on the video monitor and he was chomping away at his fingers........he possibly could have taken one off if I hadn't gone in:) My intent was to quietly go in and give him some Motrin (via G-tube) and sneak out. Yea right! I really tried to walk out but with the tear running down his cheek and his puckered up lips.......I HAD TO PICK HIM UP!!!!! I know, I caved but in all honestly, it was worth the 2 minutes of cuddle time before he fell fast asleep. We'll try again tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I am so thrilled with your little one he is so adorable always so happy. I am a mom of a 25 weeker. He started walking 12/4/06. we have finally got his throwing up to stop he is on prevacid and reglan he also takes a med called periactin to stimulate hunger. He is not on any feeding tubes and does quite well but is still a peanut 18lbs soking wet, huh huh. Keep up the good work and I know what you mean who knew how much love you could have I just want to sqeeze my guy and often do but not has hard as I love him. I have this say, we had each then came you and we had everything. Tke care Arizona to Arizona, glad it is finally starting to warm up. Tracy

Anonymous said...

I meant to say we had each other then came you and we had everything!

Shannon said...

Been wondering where you have been :) John is such a cutie! I hope that this new med helps with his vomiting issues! Isn't it funny how much you can love someone? Wow, I never thought it possible either! And don't worry about "having" to pick him up at night! LOL It takes time....

abby said...

John is amazing. I love logging on to your blog and seeing his cute pictures. The puddle is adorable (though I am sure that changing the sheets was not!). And what a big boy he is---I am thrilled about his vocabulary and physical prowess. I can totally relate to how much in love with him you are---he's wonderful.

Hallie was on bethanecol for a few days without any impact, good or bad. Our doc says it's much safer than Reglan is. We d/c-ed it because we didn't notice any change in her (fussy) bottling; it turns out that the trick was to add her zantac and prilosec to the bottle (so that she actually swallowed it). But like I said, the doc doesn't find bethanecol to have the kind of negative neurological impact that reglan has.