This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Monday, February 11, 2008

Take A Walk With Us!

Well, it's that time of year again....March for Babies (same walk, new name!) If you're in the neighborhood (or simply want to donate,) we'd love for you to walk with us and be a part of Team John 2008!

The annual March of Dimes walk will be held on April 19th at Wesley Bolin Plaza (MUCH better location than last year.) Last years turn out was phenomenal! It was truly heart warming to see so many friends, family members, and complete strangers helping us honor our little boy and supporting a cause that is so important to our family.....a cause that saves babies!

We have been overwhelmed with the love, support, and prayers we have received (and continue to receive) since the birth of our son. Jamie and I are truly humbled to know each and every one of you.

Look at this picture of John holding my finger...now, look down at your fingertip. It really puts things into perspective doesn't it? Our God is so AWESOME!

Just imagine a life without prematurity...I know one day, all babies will be born healthy. But we have to walk to get there!!!!

To join Team John (or to make a donation)....click on the link labeled Team John at the top of the page.

We had a blast last year (despite the cold and rain) and ended up being the #1 team in the Phoenix metropolitan area raising a total of $8,370.00......SOOOOO, the bar is set even higher for 2008!

It's time to get pumped up and March to Save Babies!!!


View this montage created at One True Media


WalkAmerica 2007




post signature

3 comments:

Nicole said...

My cousin who is a NICU nurse in RI walked last year in honor of Dane, we hope to have our own team for him this year. We would love to get to meet you in person at the walk! I check in on John often, he is one of only four links for preemies that I put on my page. I know that I can not keep up with everyone's blogs...but you were one of the first blogs I found about preemies, so I feel like I know you already! BTW...Johns looks so great, yes, we serve an awesome God!!!

Sheri said...

WOW! Thats all I can say to that picture!!!

What a great motivator!!!!:) for the walk!!!

Praise God for His love and protection over John! He is something!!!

ps.thanks for the prayers and well wishes:)

twin power mommy ♥ said...

Hi, you stopped by my blog. I, too, like meeting moms who experienced the same preemie thing i did. My girls WERE preemie. They were born at exactly 25 weeks. They weighed 1.2 and 1.3 pounds and were 11 inches long. I see your pics of your little guy. I will have to come back again when i have more time to check out all that you have. We, too, walk in the march of dimes walk a thon out here in CA. It has been a thing of huge importance for me. God Bless you and your family!
-candice