This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Grams to the rescue!!!!!

For the past 16 months we have been trying to avoid germs.................however, they have found there way into our home and we are ALL sick. Jamie can home early from the D-backs game Tuesday night (that alone tells you how crummy he was feeling) with the achy/cold flu. So, I loaded him up on medicine and sent him to bed, gave John his antibiotics and Baby-dophilus, and went to bed myself...............only to wake up at 3:00am with the stomach flu (the worst type of illness in the world.) So, I called Grams and 6:30am on Tuesday with an SOS...........Mom what would I do without you? Anyhow, she came over, packed him up (clothes, lotions, medicine, vitamins, feeding extensions, feeding bags, syringes, feeding pump, etc) and took him to her house for the day/night while Jamie and I tried to sleep it off.

As thankful as I was for John to be in a germ free home...............I missed him like crazy. I must have called 10 times or so just to see how he was doing........of course he was doing wonderful and having a great time with Grams, who plays with him non-stop..............Grandparents are the best! So, after disinfecting the entire house today we went to pick him up.........we couldn't get there quick enough.

So, we are all back at home and feeling better..........for the most part. John seems to be feeling good...........minus the molar that just popped through and the other one that is making it's way through.......10 teeth, 20 more to go!

Now, we just need to rest up for the big walk on Saturday. Team John is awesome.........we have met yet another goal and I am tempted to raise it once again..........what do you think? Can we hit $6,000 by Saturday?

Clap, clap,clap.........John loves to clap!

My boys!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear you are both feeling a little better. I know that bug well myself and my son James has had it twice within a month go figure. Good luck at the walk I am ashamed of myself for not participating but have donated money to another walker. So thanks to you and everyone for your strong efforts, Hopefully I will be able to walk next year. Go team John. tracy in Phoenix!!

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Katie and I have a son(11/21/05) with eating/swallowing problems here in the Valley. I was wondering if you would be willing to give me the name of your therapist. He has already been evaluated at PCH but the waiting list is so long there...
IowaK@aol.com
You son is a miracle I have loved reading your blog.
Thank you
Katie

abby said...

Go grams!

And the pic of John and Jamie is great...They are both so cute!

I hope everyone in the household is now recovered and that the walk prep is going well (you are probably getting psyched up for it right now). I can't wait to see the pics of everyone in their cool Team John shirts.