This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

OCD

I have a little OCD (what preemie mom doesn't) with the scale and all. Today's weight check is.......15 pounds 6 ounces. If he keeps this up he's going to be a tank come his adjusted birthday (March 17th.) I know, I know, it'll slow down once he becomes mobile but he's still gaining wonderfully. I can't even imagine how big he'd be if he weren't vomiting so much.

UPDATE: It is now 2:00pm and I just suffered/cried through a half hour of John crying but he is now officially down for a nap. The boy will not nap which means I don't get anything done. I tried yesterday but after 45 minutes I couldn't take it anymore so I went in and got him. Does this get easier????? We have the nighttime routine down pat it's just the naps that are a problem. I am off to drink a Red Bull........Oh, how I've missed them......and try to pick the house up before he wakes up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill,
We had the same issue with Ms. Paloma. Letting her "cry it out" was the hardest thing I had to do as a Mom. I even remember taking her to the Dr. one day and saying, "She has an ear infection, I just know it - every time I put her down, she cries!" The doctor said nothing, checked her ears and then handed her back to me. He then said, "This is your first child, right? You won't have this problem with your next - you're just holding her too much!" He was right - but you know what - I look back and it went so quickly - I don't regret it one bit and now of course, miss holding her as a baby. The days of 'not getting anything done' are totally forgotten. Give John a big kiss!
ZM