This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

NAP...& Other Stuff!

John has been napping since 2:15pm and it's now 4:30pm and he's still asleep. This is GREAT!!!!! Now, watch he won't go to bed tonight.

UPDATE (7:30pm):
Well, he slept until about 4:45 and he still went down at 6:00pm. Good job John!

On another note, we went to the GI Dr. today and all is well. He weighs 15lbs 13oz. We are going to put rice cereal in his milk at night to thicken it up in hopes that he will keep more of it down. He didn't eat much of his rice cereal and sweet potatoes (not surprising) at lunch so I put the rest in his milk and put it through his tube. Maybe that is why he slept so long and didn't throw up. We'll see how tonight goes. He also had some blood work done today while we were at PCH. Usually I have to take him to a different Sonoran Quest lab (which is not used to working with preemies)because PCH will only draw blood if one of their Doctors write the prescription. Anyhow, I nicely asked our GI Doctor if he would re-write the order from our pediatrician.......and he did!!!!! I can't believe it but he didn't even cry. He is such a brave little boy. Much braver than I am.

And, some exciting news.........John had his first social outing yesterday.
We started the day with some sweet potatoes. I told him we were practicing for Thanksgiving and if we were lucky Aunt Alli would make her delicious sweet potatoes (the only ones I like...LOVE.) That is if she and Uncle Craig are here......we hope so:):):) After breakfast Grams came over to take the two of us to lunch. I asked her to put him down for a nap before we left. I came in his room to see if he was asleep and he wasn't.....he realized that Grams was holding him and he looked up at her with a huge smile. Grams started to giggle and then so did John. I know that it made her day...........she's still talking about it! Anyhow, he finally took a short nap and then off to Kierland we went. Of course we sat outside.....away from EVERYONE. He looked so cute. I had a cute outfit and matching hat on him. Jamie and I decided he looked somewhere between an old man, poker player, and a pimp. I'll post pictures tomorrow. The lunch was wonderful and I felt human again being out in public. John was a good boy other than popping the minute we got there. All in all we had a fun day. Thanks Mom! Lunch next week?

No comments: