This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Happy Birthday


November 30, 2005 are sweet boy was born. It was the happiest and saddest day of our life. John Craig Birtch was born via c-section at 2:54pm due to a bulging bag and prolapsed cord (water bag and umbilical cord were in my birth canal because of an incompetent cervix.) He let out a tiny cry before he was handed to a team of Neonatologists and level III NICU nurses. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces (680 grams)and was about 12 inches long. Jamie was able to follow him to the NICU but I had to be wheeled into recover for an hour. Once I got the feeling back in my legs they let me see my baby for the first time. He was so tiny and pink and SOOOOOOOO absolutely beautiful. Today our lives would be changed forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog...our daughter was born at 24 weeks 4 days...she was 1 lb 1 oz and 11.42 inches long...born early due to pre-eclampsia which led to a complete Placental Abruption...it has been a long road but she is the happiest little girl...she is 21.5 months and 17.5 lbs. I can't wait to read John's story.