This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend!

We had a fun weekend.......a lot of hanging out and eating out. Yesterday, Jamie's parents came over to my parents house and we had a BBQ. Of course John LOVED being spoiled by ALL of the Grandparents.

John and Papa....learning all about New Zealand!

So, Papa....when did you say you were taking me here???

Barkley, are you eating ice cream?

You're supposed to share!


Today John's speech (feeding) therapist suggested that we need to let John feel hungry. Remember, he has no idea what hunger is because he has been tube fed his entire life.......all 18 months of it:) So, at our pedi appointment tomorrow I will talk it over with her and see what she has to say. I understand that this needs to be done but it is sooooooo hard to cut back on his food (G-tube) intake........again, those darn numbers are drilled into my head and I don't want him to lose any weight.........fat is good for the brain!!!!! Anyhow, we'll see what she has to say.

And, on another note.......I am REALLY excited for Friday...........Auntie Shernaz is coming into town and we are going wedding dress shopping! And then..........Aunt Katie, Aunt Corrie, and Aunt Shannon are coming over for dinner!!!!! Notice how ALL my best friends are called Auntie?????


Our Superstar!!!

My man......just as cute as can be!

1 comment:

Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

John is as cute as can be! I love the pics of him and the dog!

Good luck on the hunger part. I'm sending continue to gain weight vibes his way :)