This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Monday, October 02, 2006

My Birthday Wish...

I got my birthday wish (a 16 pound baby)....and then some. Unfortunately, John came down with his first fever today (102.9.) My poor baby. So, my 30th birthday was spent at the pediatrician and then running over to the lab for blood work. I know, welcome to the world of Motherhood! Even with John being sick, I still had a wonderful day with my boys. Jamie went above and beyond and made my 30th birthday extra special. The Dr. is going to call us here pretty soon to let us know if anything shows up on his blood work. She did say that his throat was really red and she thinks it may be a virus. Who knows how he got it......we keep him VERY confined. I just keep telling myself.....all babies get sick. I'll update after the Dr. calls.

Update:
The Dr. called and said his white blood cell count was slightly elevated but nothing too alarming. She's pretty certain that it's not a bacterial infection and more on the line of a good ole virus. I still don't know how he got sick. It had to be when I took him to PCH last week to see the GI doc and get blood work (which came back great.) So, the Dr. said to give him Tylenol around the clock (no sleep for mom tonight) and to watch for troubled breathing, vomiting, and a rash. Hopefully he'll feel much better in the morning.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I remember Jackson's first fever. I was a wreck--there was no reason for it! He seemed totally fine, but there it was, over 103 degrees! I, of course, was freaking out about the BPD (though he was a 32 weeker so huge difference, I know) and worried that whatever it was would go to his lungs, but the kid was perfectly fine the next day. I hope that is what happens with John and that this is all just a ploy to freak you out a little bit. I'll say a special prayer for your little fighter tonight!

Kellie said...

First of all, Happy belated Birthday! Congrats on having a 16 pounder as a present. That is great news!! I'm sorry that John is sick and probably caught something at PCH. That first cold/fever is so nervewracking for any mom, let alone a micro-mom. Enjoy the extra cuddle time with your growing boy because pretty soon he'll be running around the house playing with trucks and balls and be too busy to stop and snuggle with mommy. (he looks amazing in the recent pics by the way!).