This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Sunday, August 13, 2006

John answered my question



So, as I mentioned before I am feeling a little uneasy about the decision to insert a G-tube. I know it is the absolute best thing for him but I don't want him to be in any pain. Anyway, Jamie called me into the family room yesterday where he and John were playing. He said they had something to show me. John was sound asleep, tape intact, and the portion of his feeding tube that is supposed to be in his stomach was draped across his face! He managed to get his tiny little finger under the tube and pulled it out. As you can tell by the pictures, we tape him up pretty good because of this. Obviously the tape doesn't cut it anymore. He's ready to get that tube out and he let us know!!!!!

4 comments:

HHH said...

Glad I found your site. The surgery isnt near as bad as it sounds. I was worried too while everyone told me it wasnt bad, but it so much easier then the NG tube in the nose. It wont be long and you will be able to see your cute little boys whole face again. Good luck with everything.
Bobbie
www.lovvorntwins.blogspot.com

Jamie and Jill said...

Thanks Bobbie! I can't wait until it's over.

liz.mccarthy said...

You will be so happy to see John's whole face, you won't have to worry about pulling the tube, I know I HATED puting the NG tube back in, I know you'll be so worried, we didn't want to do the surgery either, but once Kaitlyn stopped wanting to nipple we didn't have a choice. K also doesn't take a pacifier, she has no suck reflex whatsoever. It's very frustrating, but it's goood knowing that they can get the calories with the feeding tubes....

Anyway I can help, let me know!

Liz

Jamie and Jill said...

Liz, I am going to call you:)