This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Monday, March 07, 2011

Improvise

Well, when you have a fairly large incision all the way up your spine and you are not allowed to get it wet AT ALL.....you improvise:)

Washing his body is easy.  I place his cube chair in the tub, fill the water up to his bum and sponge bath him.  However washing his hair is not that easy.  So, since neither myself or my parents have lawn chairs, my mom came up with a great idea.....and up on the kitchen counter he went!

And yes you read that right....back in the day my mom washed my hair with the hose while laying out back in the lawn chair because I had a brace from my hip to my ankle after knee surgery:)

post signature

1 comment:

Elyse said...

Hi Jill My mom told me about Johns surgery, I'm really happy that he is doing so well. What a brave LITTLE MAN!! God bless you guys.

Elyse Jewell