This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Who's that 19 pounder in my house?

I've been a slacker lately......... and now 2 posts in one day! I am making up for lost time!

What's been going on:
1. John is now 19 pounds 1 ounce.......15 more ounces and he gets a new car seat!
2. He is still working on his 2 top teeth.....he (we) are not having fun with this. He's been running a low grade fever for 2 days now. I am not sure if it's from his teeth, his MMR shots, or a virus. I am freaking out though. If it's not gone by tomorrow I am going to call the pedi. The last thing I want is for him to be sick over the holiday weekend.
3. His laugh is contagious.....the harder you laugh, the harder he laughs.
4. His PT thinks he will walk and run some day........maybe a little wobbly but who cares.
5. He is still vomiting...LOTS:(
6. His left eye is turning back in a little. We go for a follow up next Tuesday. I'll update then.
7. My OB happened to take her son to the same Neurologist and had a horrible experience too.
8. Don't drink the water.......all of my friends are pregnant!
9. John has his first sleep over on New Year's Eve.....thanks Mom and Dad! Santa is bringing him is own suitcase/backpack so he can take it on his sleep over.


SOOOOOOOOO cute!


My crazy little monkey




Bad hair day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! What a doll. Look at that hair. He looks so happy and sweet...already flirting with nurses :) We hope you are all well and Happy Birthday John and Happy Holidays Birtch Family.

Love,
Jeff, Sarah and Garrett Voigt

Anonymous said...

I love the hair! What a cutie!

Jamie and Jill said...

Nicki, I am glad you found our blog. We are John's biggest advocates and we welcome everyone to be apart of this amazing journey we are on. God has big things in store for our little guy!

Voigts, LOVE the Christmas card of Garrett. Looks like he'll be John's bodyguard (even though they are really only 1 month apart!)

Maggie, if Sarah doesn't mind youger boys.....I have the perfect boy for her:):):) Wouldn't that be fun to get all these little miracles together one day?

Kim said...

That boy is so cute, I can hardly stand it! So happy to hear what the PT said. Not so happy to hear that the little (little? almost 20 pounds!) guy isn't feeling well. Hopefully those teeth will pop through soon and he'll be back to normal!