This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Friday, December 29, 2006

Big Man!

Our little...or should I say not so little man now weighs......19 pounds 7 ounces!. There is a poem that is titled, You Know You Are A Mom of A Preemie When....and is goes on to list all of the things preemie moms do, worry about, deal with and so forth. Anyhow, one line goes something like....You know you are a mom of a preemie when someone asks you how old your baby is and you have to think about it (chronological or adjusted age) but you know EXACTLY how much they weigh. People will always ask me how John is doing and I always say he's great he weighs....! It's definitely a preemie thing!


Handsome little (I mean big) devil!
I love my shirt Uncle Craig and Aunt Alli!


Still not crawling........but very determined! As you can see, feeding is going to be much more difficult once he is mobile. We don't care though:)


All these toys.....


...and all he wants to play with is his feeding tube!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, he is growing so fast! He is sooooo darn cute! He is such a blessing! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I think I finally figured out how to leave a message! computers have never been my smart spot! Watch out John your gonna hear from me every day!!! Love you!

Jamie and Jill said...

Auntie Brittany.....we'd love to hear from you everyday!

Hope you all are feeling better!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Grow, John, grow!!! You're going to be 20 lbs in the blink of an eye!!

Hugs,
Linda and Reeve

Anonymous said...

Hi there I found your site from ahston's. I also am a mother of a 25 weeker and live in Phoenix,Az. We spent 4 months at there NICU. John and a great looking boy and so happy. James is my son he weighs 171/2 pounds last check. He wears glasses and of course has reflux but I cant complain because we are very very lucky in so many ways(you can relate) He started walking 12/4 and is all over the place, fine and gross motors skills are right on target(18months and corrected to 15 months) They say he is speech delayed but he is trying he babbles and says da da and ma ma. Hey which neurologist do you see, we see Dr.Elaine Ellis and they always find fault in something I remember our last visit James was pulling to stand then and instead of doing it with his knee bent he would push with his toes big deal he is unique and I knew he would figure out after a while and his toes probably got sore. I would like to stay in contact with you and John my email is baby.james.mom@hotmail.com Keep up the good work he looks awsome. Tracy

Anonymous said...

You know I never realized it but I do the exact thing about Kellars weight, how funny...Yep it's a preemie mom thing...

Anonymous said...

Hi my sweet little Jon! Or should I say my sweet BIG Jon! Happy New Year! Love you guys! xoxoxoxo