This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Sunday, October 07, 2012

My Big Dude

Holy cow, my little boy is not so little anymore.  He's packing on the pounds and at our Doctor appointment last week to get flu shots, he weighed in at 51 pounds!!!!  That is five pounds heavier then when he started first grade (less than two months ago.)  His new undies and shorts are even getting tight on him!  We are contributing this new weight gain to his Neuro Therapy that he started four weeks ago.  We are half way through his 20 sessions.  I can't wait to see what the next four weeks bring!!!




I also need to remember to document all the cute things he (and Hope) have been saying....

Prayers one night last week:

"Thank you God for my wonderful Mommy.  Thank you for making me so special and giving me two legs, two arms and one head.  And, thank you God for my beautiful family....except for Daddy."

After Mommy yelled at him for scribbling on his homework:

 Mommy:  "Wow!"  John you are REALLY good at math.  I am so proud of you!"
John:  "Mommy, so I see that you seem happy now."

This morning when we woke up and he remembered Hopie spent the night with Grams & Papa:

"I sure do miss her."


post signature

No comments: