This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

We LOVE Seattle

A quick recap of our first day of vacation in Seattle!!!

*Three hour flight to Seattle (first flight for Hopie.)  It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either.  My lap child did not want to stay on my lap.....and screamed a few times.  However, we did get two compliments from two other passengers on how well the kids did.  Little did they know that I was either threatening or bribing them the entire flight.

*First taxi ride for both kids.  As John was climbing in the cab he said, "Hmmmmmm.  I'm not so sure about this.  I've never been in a yellow cab before."  

*Fancy Hotel (as John would say) and yummy restaurants.

*Pike's Market and throwing fish!

*Dancing little girl to Blue Grass street musicians......all the tourists were videoing her.

*Tired little girl who napped for two hours while we enjoyed Starbucks.

*Lots of yummy fruit from the market.....including itty bitty grapes (which were the kids favorite.)

*Mariners baseball game

It was a PERFECT day and a PERFECT start to our vacation.














post signature

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Welcome to WA from a long-time blog reader who lives in Puyallup! Make sure you visit the cheesecake factory if you like that kind of thing. A little spendy, but SO yummy!! :)

JaBLes Mommy said...

Looks like the beginning of a great vacation! Enjoy all of those wonderful moments with your beautiful family!

Justine, Romy's Mama said...

How funny, I have a picture with the same guy at Pike's! Gosh, that was like 5 years ago too.

Ben & Michelle said...

How fun yeahhhh... the pic of you all sleeping hilarious!! I love it. Have fun and see you soon double yeah!!!!!

Grace, Ruby, Hazel OR Katie said...

Oh my gosh...that last picture is a riot! Hopefully little Hopie didn't toot in your face all night :) I love all the pics. What a great vacation. Oh and I am so calling dibs on that super cute romper Hope is wearing!

Anonymous said...

I totally saw your family crossing the street, but thought better of calling you guys out by name....no crazy Seattle stalker! I have been reading your blog for a number of years after finding it while looking up support for my friend who had a preterm baby. I have been praying for, laughing with and enjoying seeing your family grow. I'm glad you are having a good time in Seattle!!!