This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Monday, September 20, 2010

Brief Update

Sorry for the delay....with two very active little ones, I don't have near as much time for blogging.

Anyhow, the MRI was performed last Wednesday and John was a true champ (as always).......Mommy, not so much.  My stomach was in knots all day and the hour long wait (in the waiting room) was torturous.  Thankfully they let me go back with him (while they were putting him under) until he fell asleep......I was prepared to put up a fight but fortunately didn't need to.  

The nurse and anesthesiologist were wonderful.  They let him pick out his scent (for the gas mask) and he choose, grape.  They put the little mask over his face and he fell asleep in minutes.....I then gave him a kiss and was kicked out of the room so they could start his IV and intubate him.  

Recover was a piece of cake too.  He slept for a solid 30 minutes and was a little disoriented when he awoke....as to be expected.  The first thing he said was, "Momma, I go home.  I hungry!"  Poor kid hadn't eaten since the night before and it was now 3:00 in the afternoon.

We were supposed to have the MRI read the following day however, the neurologist made a mistake with his appointment so the results will be read TOMORROW.  I am anxious to see what they say........because the nurse for the MRI was speechless when she saw him (the severity of his brain bleed does not match up with him and all he CAN do.)  He's our miracle!!!!!!

Sooooooooooo, stay tuned for another update.

And, whats a post without a picture???????  So, here you go......the two most adorable kids in the world!!!!!!!!!!!




post signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy he did well! And yes he is a miracle a true miracle of GOD's work! Cant wait for the results! And to know about the life changing surgery!
LAura

Anonymous said...

That is the absolute BEST news!!
John really is the miracle child.It seems like every day is Christmas at your house!!!!!

Love you all,
Aunt Holly

I teach . . . said...

Well, it has been awhile since I stopped by your blog, but I am still amazed by every post and each new thing John can do. He has beaten the odds. I LOVE it!

{hugs}

Amanda

twin power mommy ♥ said...

So, Jill...please tell me more about this possible life changing surgery John might be having. :)