This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Feeling Yucky!

Well, we're sick again:( John came down with a horrendous cough and low grade fever on Sunday and he's still sick.....and Mommy woke up with it today. Daddy is on the mend but he's had it pretty bad too.

Today was John's Valentine's Party at school and I was so sad he had to miss it (he's been out of school and therapy all week.) We did however manage to get all of his Valentine's completed and wrap all of his gifts for his teachers.....thanks to Grams for all the help and to Daddy for dropping them off at school!!!!

Below are pictures of John this morning helping wrap his teachers gifts:)


Now.....here is some exciting news:

Yesterday, at the age of 3, John Craig said his first word...."Mom." And, he said it about 10 times! He even said it to Daddy on the phone.

Another prayer answered!!!


post signature

6 comments:

Sheri said...

thats amazing news!!!!!!
I think I cried when Sammy said mom for the first time:)
Praise God!

JaBLes Mommy said...

Oh my gosh, Jill! My eyes filled with tears when I read this! I can only imagine how you must be feeling. What a wonderful little miracle John is...continuing to amaze us everyday! That is SO awesome! :) Love you guys!

Kellars Mommy said...

So sorry that John is feeling so yucky, having a sick lil one is noooo fun..Hope he gets well soon! I can only imagine how happy you are to hear John say his first word, that is awesome!!!!!

Katie and Matt said...

I just cried. I am SO happy for you guys. I love you all!

Shannon said...

Jilly I can't even begin to imagine the joy and excitment that filled your hearts when you heard John say "mom". Love you! Feel better.

abby said...

This is so wonderful. Our amazing kids are doing their amazing things in their own way and own time. And 'mom' is pretty much the most perfect first word I can think of!