This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Friday, June 20, 2008

My Warrior

I have to tell you (as if you didn't already know) my little man if by far the toughest and bravest kid around....much more so than his Mommy!
So.....yesterday I spent the entire day worrying about this appointment. I was feeling excited for all the possibilities this could bring but sad and angry that my boy had to endure ANOTHER painful procedure. I know prematurity will ALWAYS be apart of our lives....but, it just sucks sometimes.
Please do not get me wrong. I know how blessed we are, how blessed John is. He is ALIVE and happy. Our life is wonderful and I know we have it easier than A LOT of people.
Anyways, he had 4 injections....1 on the inner thigh and the other behind his knee (on each leg.) As soon as the first injection went in he screamed bloody murder (my mom could hear him in the waiting room)...my heart was racing! It took everything I had to hold back my own tears. Thankfully it only took about 30 seconds and then he was back to his smiley self! We should be able to start seeing small changes within about a week.




I tell ya, we are SO grateful, not for what we have taught John but for what he has taught us!!!!

post signature

2 comments:

Kellars Mommy said...

John you are one tough little dude, can't wait to see what you are going to be doing in a week!!!

Sheri said...

Yeah- I can't imagine.... we have had our hands full, but not in quite the same ways.....I got teary eyed reading......He is the MAN!!!! What kind of results do they think you might see? I am sooo excited for anything that can help him be all he can be!

Here is my email address....sherilynn22@hotmail.com when you leave a comment on my blog I actually don't have your email, so if your still interested send me an email from your email( does that make sense?:)not sure if ti does:) and I'll then have your address.....Happy Saturday!