This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Not Your Typical Saturday

Our morning started off very early. John has NOT been napping therefore he goes to bed between 5:30-6:00pm. He will usually sleep until about 7:00am but this morning he was up bright and early (5:45am).....MUCH to early for my liking (that's why Daddy got up with him....thanks Jamie!)

Anyhow, our morning progressed as usual until around 9:30am when we called 911!!! I was in the other room getting ready (John and I were meeting some friends at the park) when I heard a God awful cry. I ran into the playroom to find John laying face down crying hysterically. I picked him up and his entire body was limp. Frantically, I screamed for Jamie who was outside (staining our new garage doors) he came running in and took John from me so I could call 911. By this point John's lips were turning blue. He finally (it seemed like forever) took a deep breath and seemed to be OK. The fire department arrived in about 4 minutes. They checked all his vitals and everything looked good. We opted out of taking an ambulance ride down to PCH because at this point he was completely back to himself....plus, he didn't need to be exposed to all the germs in the ER waiting room.

We think what had happened is he climbed onto the red and blue chair (which were in the middle of the room) and either fell off backwards or fell forward and knocked the wind out of himself. That's our only guess.

So, needless to say, I was freaking out. I know they tell you to stay calm but how in the world can you?

He has been fine all day and we were still able to make it to the park. He even slept for an hour... IN THE SWING:)

post signature

4 comments:

Cora said...

Thank God he ended up being ok. I can only imagine how scared you must have been! Don't do that to Mommy & Daddy John!

Kellars Mommy said...

Oh my gracious, whatta scare..Thank goodness he is okay!!!!

Sheri said...

Oh NO!!! Thats one of my biggest fear...something like that and needing to call 911 and not knowing what happened! So glad he is ok!!!:) I don't know how I would stay calm either....

Billie said...

I'm glad to hear he's okay. You know, it sounds like it could have been a breath holding spell. Eden pulls this one on us on rare occasion when something painful or really upsetting happens (like we make her get out of the bath before she is ready). She starts crying, then holds her breath until she turns blue. Sometimes her eyes even roll back in her head, she passes out, and goes all stiff, then very limp.

Believe me, it sounds terrible and I didn't believe the doctor until I googled it. Turns out it isn't all that uncommon. Luckily it doesn't happen all that often now, and we can kind of predict when it is coming, and distract her before it is full blown:)