This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Five Weeks

Today marks five weeks!

It seems like a lifetime ago yet I can remember every single detail of that day. I remember Jamie calling 911, the firemen in her bedroom, my parents rushing over to be with John and my mother-n-law rushing to the hospital to sit with Jamie in the parking lot (because only one parent was aloud in at this hospital.) I remember screaming at the top of my lungs for someone to help us because she started seizing. I remember the old lady in the next room yelling at me because I was crying too loud. I remember the tears in the social workers eyes and the sadness in the ER doctors voice when he read the CT scan and told us our daughter had a large mass in her brain.  I remember my nurse manager at work calling my chief neo (who called PCH and had everyone at Phoenix Children’s prepared for Hope’s arrival.) I remember the kindness of the airvac nurse and I remember him telling us he had a daughter the same age and he was going to treat Hope like his own (because I was not aloud to fly with her.) I remember hugging the pajamas she had been wearing because I wanted to be close to her. I remember watching her helicopter in the sky as we raced down the freeway to get to PCH. I remember crying so hard I couldn’t catch my breath. I remember begging everyone to get on their knees and pray. I remember her best friends sitting outside of the hospital on the bench for hours because they wanted to be close to her even though they weren’t aloud in. I remember my brother driving up from Tucson and sitting in the hospital parking garage all day long because he needed to be close to us and he didn’t know what else to do. I remember my best friends dropping stuff off at the hospital for us and bringing Christmas decorations for Hope’s room. I remember my mom being so strong and positive for us and I remember the tears in my dads eyes when I fell into his arms. I remember Jamie comforting me even though I know he was hurting just as much as I was. I remember everything and I’ll be forever grateful that Hope doesn’t remember one single thing about that day….except, 
“Who were those four Dudes in my bedroom?”🤣🤣🤣

With all that being said….five weeks later and by the grace of God, Hope competed in her school Greek Olympics and her team took home the gold. 

God is good all the time! 






 

No comments: