This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Friday, January 11, 2008

Rock-n-Roll

This time tomorrow Mommy will have run her first half marathon.....yikes!
One of my best friend's (Shannon) and I will be running the PF Chang's Rock-N-Roll Half Marathon on Sunday morning. We are running in honor of my little guy and our best friend's (Shernaz) fiance who is battling Stage IV Non-Hodgkin lymphoma....BUT, as of last week...HE IS IN REMISSION. Our God is so good!

I am all set for tomorrow....iPod and my new shirt thanks to Joe and Shelly.

Here's the front.


And, here's the back!



John and Trevor truly are an inspiration! They are the two strongest people I know and when I get tired tomorrow (around the 10th mile) my mind will be on the two of them and all the struggles and pain they went through! They NEVER GAVE UP and neither will I.


On another note, please visit this blog to offer prayers and support for Nate, Tricia, and Gwyneth. This blog is written by Nate. His wife Tricia has Cystic Fibrosis and was preparing for a double lung transplant until she discovered she was pregnant. She just gave birth to a beautiful little girl, Gwyneth. Like me, she was only 24 weeks pregnant. I am truly humbled by their story and their faith.....I KNOW you will be too!

post signature


7 comments:

Katie and Matt said...

Dudecoff...that is AWESOME. I am so proud of you and Shannon. You guys are gonna kick butt!!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Good Luck.
d

Anonymous said...

Like John, his mom is a bit of inspiration for others too. The apple never falls far from the tree so you go girl!!!!!!! We're all sooooooo proud of you!

Lots of love,
Mom and Dad,
aka Grams & Grandpa

baby james said...

Good Luck, and prayers most deffentaley. Love Tracy

hallegracesmama said...

Good luck tomorrow! I am so jealous. I got to run the Disney Marathon with LLS the year before Halle was born. It is such an awesome program!

Sarah Furlough said...

I am so proud of you, what a huge goal you have set for yourself! I can't wait to read all about how well you do. I know it won't be easy, but I KNOW you can do it!

PS: John gets cuter and cuter each time I check on him!

Kellars Mommy said...

Good Luck!! PF Changs as in the restraunt?

CFHusband said...

Thank you!