Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Monday, July 30, 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007
I am supposed to write 8 random facts about myself (and Jamie) and then tag 8 people to do the same.
1. I was born in Tucson, Arizona and moved to Scottsdale when I was in the 3rd grade. Ironically, we currently live down the street from the house I grew up in. Jamie was born in Buffalo, NY but moved to Arizona when he was 3 years old. He grew up in Moon Valley and moved to Scottsdale when he was a Junior in High School.
2. After High School.....I went to ASU and enrolled in the 5 year plan! I could have easily graduated in 4 years but my brother informed me that we get cut off from our parents when we graduate and I really enjoyed their money so I stretched it out another year:):):):) John, don't get any ideas! Jamie was in the NAVY for 4 years. After he received his honorable discharge he gathered ALL of his transcripts from ALL 7 universities he attended and took a few more classes.....and received his degree from NAU. He has more college credits than anyone I know!
3. I married the hot guy from the gym!!!! Jamie and I ran into each other at the gym and recognized each other from High School. I would joke with my friends and tell them that I was going to marry him. As I would leave for the gym, I'd tell Shernaz........I am going to see my husband! I would also drive way out of my way to go workout because I knew he'd be there at that time.........I found out later that he was doing the same thing!
4. My brother (Craig) and Jamie's brother (Chris) were born on the same day and same year. My Dad and Jamie's little sister (Brenda) were also born on the same day (obviously different year)...and, John was born on my parents anniversary.
5. John Craig was named after two very important people in our lives.......Jamie's uncle, John and my brother, Craig. They were both (and still are) very strong influences in our lives and we feel honored that our son will carry on their names.
6. We want to have another child some day and we already have their names picked out.....I am obsessed with baby names:) I am sure it will change by then but if we have a girl her name will be Sydney Brooke or Sydney Olivia.........only problem with Sydney Olivia is that her initials will be SOB:) And, if we have a boy his name will be Brady Scott. So, if you are pregnant now, don't go stealing our names:)
7. Our favorite vacation spot is Maui! We went there on our honeymoon and on our first anniversary (with Kurt & Kim)...........we are getting the itch to go again soon!
8. Christmas in my favorite holiday. In fact, all of my decorations were up, all of my presents were bought and wrapped and under the tree before John (unexpectedly) was born on November 30th! The only thing that wasn't done was the outside lights but thanks to our good friends Kurt and Brian and my Dad....the outside lights were ALL hung (and on timers so we didn't have to worry about them) the night I was discharged from the hospital (Dec. 4th.)
So, that's a little bit about us! Stay tuned for an exciting post about our fun day at the fountains at Desert Ridge!!!
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
And, we have now officially survived 1 entire week without Grams and Grandpa..........only 6 more to go but, who's counting? Anyhow, we miss you terribly but are glad you are enjoying your much deserved vacation. Here's a picture of Johnboy (that's what Grandpa calls him) blowing you a kiss!!!!
Saturday, July 21, 2007
- Kris, John's PT, brought a stander for him to use for awhile and he LOVES it!!!! It allows him to stand and play without me being directly behind him to catch him when he falls.
- His feeding pump broke that night:( We had to gavage him until Apria delivered a new one...........AT MIDNIGHT!!!! I guess better late than never though!
Friday (our marathon day):
- Went to our appointment at Hangers to try on (and pick up) our new AFO's and shoes
- We had to cancel Speech because our 1st appointment took longer than expected.
- We then headed down to PCH for our emptying study which took forever. They had to strap John to a table, feed him (which the nurse pushed through to fast and made him vomit), and then watch his belly empty for an HOUR. He did great though.........thankfully I brought a bag full of toys and books and the hospital had a bunch of movies we got watch. We won't get the results until next week so we just wait and see.
- John's cousin Ashley came over to play and help out with John for the afternoon..........Ash told me that Grammy said she would pay her money if she played with John the entire time:) She did do a great job and John had so much fun with her.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Here we are......the calm before the storm!
About an hour into John's nap (who am I kidding...that is his nap) I heard him stirring. I checked on him via the monitor and he was just waking up. I thought I'd give him (and me) a few minutes to see if he'd fall back asleep (yeah right!) Anyhow, he got pretty quite so I tip-toed past his room and as I did I noticed the lights in his room were going.........on and off, on and off, on and off! I went into his room to find him like this......
The little stinker had grabbed the light/fan remote off of the night stand and was having a great time watching the lights turn off and on!
After his nap I put him in his play room to play (of course.) It took him a matter of minutes to figure out how to push the eject button on the TV. So, we then spent about 20 minutes ejecting (and scratching) DVD's......
.....and another 20 minutes pulling DVD's off of the stand!!!
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Monday, July 16, 2007
Sunday, the three of us went to the ball game. John spent the entire time drinking Daddy's water or pulling off and biting his hat. I actually got to watch the game for the first time....can't say the same for Daddy:)
Now on to other things.....John used to HATE the vacuum (or anything else loud) but not anymore! He loves to follow me around and climb onto the vacuum and he also loves unplugging the vacuum.........yes, I know....not the safest thing I could let my child do. Anyhow, when I go to vacuum his play room, I have to put him in the kitchen, run to the other room and vacuum as quickly as I can before he gets to the plug..........and his crawling is getting pretty fast:) I am getting pretty quick though and usually can get the entire room and couch vacuumed with only 3 pauses (running and placing John in the kitchen!)
Here's the little bugger caught in the act!
And now for the last bit of John news.......
John got his 1st buzz cut today (courtesy of Daddy) and looks absolutely adorable. His hair is much lighter now............making him look a lot like his very cute cousin Jack!!
We have a GI appointment tomorrow morning.......so check back to see how much the big guy weighs!
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Friday, July 13, 2007
Today they had to cast his legs to make the molds....the Dr. couldn't believe how good John did. It didn't bother him at all....that's my tough lil man!!! Anyhow, sometime next week they'll be done and we will go back down to the office and try them on......hopefully we'll be good to go.
This is definitely one of those pictures that you pull out when you're having a bad day.........all you can do is laugh at it!
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Anyhow, sorry for the lack of posts............I decided to surprise Jamie and have the interior of our house painted while he was away and on top of that, someone in our house has not been napping! Needless to say I've been busy.......and sleepy!!!
Here are a few cute pictures from the last couple of days. Can you tell that John's teething?
Monday, July 09, 2007
We tried to get a picture of the 3 of them but this is what we got:)
Grams and Grandpa brought Happy Meals over for the boys.........but while we were waiting for them they enjoyed some pudding. Can you guess which one had chocolate?
Before they ate their pudding I told them I had to take John's shirt off because he was a messy eater.........Brayden and Blayke decided they needed to eat with their shirts off too. Too darn cute!
After lunch....Britt packed the boys up and headed back to Flagstaff and John headed straight to the tub!Thanks for coming down Brittany........we had sooooooooooo much fun and we can't wait for our next get together. We'll come to you next time:)
Sunday, July 08, 2007
I think it's about time I bust out that list and check off some more things that we were told John would NEVER do!
Friday, July 06, 2007
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Good friends, Good food.....GOOD TIMES!
John at the big boy table with his buddies.
(Brayden, John, Connor, Kayden)
(Carson, Emma, Kole)